EONI is a competitive broadband provider. Services available through EONI include Internet access, voice services and specialized networking services related to Internet and voice services. EONI customer service and provisioning personnel (CSR = customer service representative) are the first contact for customers in need of assistance, inquiries for service and service changes, and direct relevant customer inquiries to other EONI personnel for other actions. Customers contact EONI via several means, including telephone, email and in person via office walk-in.
Provisioning is a broad term that includes taking customer orders and starting the process for delivery of services by using a number of computer and Internet based applications to enter those requests. Interaction with other companies and providers (for instance, CenturyLink and Frontier Communications) is required in many cases to fulfill these orders.
Customer service personnel also take customer payments and assist customers with account inquiries. EONI has a small retail store and CSRs will assist customers with product inquiries and use our Point of Sale (POS) system for related sales. The CSR will also assist with EONI bookkeeping activities as directed.
In addition to the above, activities and requirements for EONI customer service representatives include:
• Interact and coordinate with other EONI staff to fulfill customer requests in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner. Our goal is that all customers have "A Superior Connected Experience!"
• Documenting all work and customer encounters in the EONI ticket tool during and/or immediately following customer contacts and doing so in a detailed fashion.
• Becoming intensely familiar with EONI products and services, including knowledge of EONI marketing materials, the EONI web site, and other related information.
• Proficiency in use of multi-line telephone systems.
• Being capable of learning many new tasks; be excellent at interacting with other people; be reliable; and be very detail oriented.
• Use of Microsoft Office applications, mainly Excel and Word.
• Other duties as assigned.
CSRs must be able to type at least forty (40) words per minute; a typing skills assessment test may be asked of an applicant. There are detailed procedures and confidentiality requirements that are mandatory. There is a dress code for all employees.
Additional Criteria for Success at EONI
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Have the desire to evolve, innovate and quickly learn bleeding edge technologies.
• Desire to be part of the EONI team and develop lasting relationships in our community.
• Have a helpful, can do, and positive customer focus with an ability to maintain relationships and resolve customer conflicts.
• Be confident yet humble, and always do the right thing.
• Detail oriented; follow established policies and procedures.
• Have a good attitude, love technology, enjoy serving customers, and work independently just as well as working with a team.
Positions available: EONI is seeking applicants for part time (0.5 FTE, up to 20 hours per week) and full time (40 hours per week) positions.
Role Classification: Non-exempt. EONI is an "At Will" employer.
Compensation: TBD based on experience and qualifications. Minimum initial wage is $11.00/hour.
Hours: Normal EONI customer service hours are from 8:30AM to 5:30PM, Monday through Friday. There is a one hour lunch break and two 10 minute breaks (one before and one after lunch). Some flexibility with the schedule is required as there are some required meetings beginning at 8:00AM. Occasionally some work may require overtime outside of normal business hours.
To apply, please follow these instructions: 1) prepare a handwritten cover letter to accompany your resume; 2) include a list of at least three references; 3) mail or deliver to:
Dr. Kelly Mutch
Eastern Oregon Net, Inc.
216 Chestnut St
La Grande, OR 97850